What are superfoods anyway?
Some foods are exceptionally healthy, packed with such nutrients meant to benefit your dog’s health in various ways such as strengthening their immunity, skin & fur health, digestive health among others.
Dog care and dog diet go hand in hand. So what are those foods that you may consider adding to your dog diet? Consider these:
Yak Milk / Yak Milk Dog Chews
Why Yak milk dog chews make good dog food?
- Rich in protein, less in fat. It is loaded with vitamins & minerals. A good source of antioxidants. These health factors help in stronger bones & immunity & the less fat content helps in managing weight.
- Dental benefits- when your dog chews on it, this helps floss their teeth.
- They are easily digestible.
- Can be served to dogs with allergies from other kinds of milk, such as cow’s milk.
As Yak milk is not an easily accessible ingredient, you can opt for Yak milk dog chews instead. Portion Size One dog chew stick usually lasts up to 2 days, depends on how aggressive chewer your dog is. Do not give more than one small bar/day.
Why cooked eggs make good dog food?
- Great source of digestible protein, especially who are prone to digestive upset.
- Eggs can also help in soothing their stomach, especially those dogs who have lost their appetite.
1-2/ day, depending on the breed size.
Note* Make sure to use
a cooked whole egg, as raw egg whites can cause biotin deficiency.
Biotin is mainly responsible for your dog’s cellular growth.
Why Sweet potatoes make good dog food?
- Sweet Potatoes AKA Shakarkandi in Hindi, owing to its high dietary fiber content, are great for your dog’s digestive health.
- Rich in the powerful antioxidant beta-carotene which ultimately helps in improving your dog’s vision, growth, and muscle strength.
Steam/ Boil them. You can mash
approximately 1.5 tablespoons of sweet potato in the regular dog food or
feed it independently if your dog likes.
Why coconut oil makes good dog food?
- Healthy Skin and Coat
- Improves Digestion
- Assists in weight management
Portion Size 1-2 times a day along with their meals. The portion also depends on the breed size. A good starting dose is a ¼ teaspoon daily for small dogs up to 1 teaspoon. For large dogs, 1 tablespoon daily is adequate.
- It is rich in protein and calcium, this aids in weight management since your dog has the feeling of “fullness”.
- Helps with digestion.
- Help keep your dog cool.
- Dental Hygiene: The probiotics in yogurt are good for preventing and fighting the bacteria that may lead to teeth problems in some dogs.
1-3 tablespoons of yogurt, according to the dog’s size. Start with a small amount only.
Why chicken liver makes good dog food?
- High-source of protein and fiber.
- Vitamin A supports eye health
- Rich in Iron, helps in boosting hemoglobin level of your Dog.
As a Chicken Liver is not an easily
accessible food item, you can opt for Chicken Liver Treats instead. Make
sure they are 100% natural.
2-3 pieces at once.
These are some foods that can
potentially be good dog food and ensures right dog care, however, as a
precautionary measure, we will advise you to always consider and discuss
with a reliable vet before introducing any new element to your dog’s
After all, a healthy pooch is a happy pooch, agree? 🙂